Merchandise Return, Replacement & Exchange Policy
Buy in peace return policy
To ensure that you are fully satisfied with your purchase, we allow for returns and exchanges on many of the products we offer. Below, you’ll find a full breakdown of the policies and procedures related to this particular subject.
If you received a product that you believe is damaged or defective, please skip to the relevant section below. Please report any damaged merchandise to a Customer Service Representative within five (5) business days of reception of the products.
If you have questions about any of the information listed on this site, you can ask the Customer Service department for help by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com by giving us a call at 1-888-245-5404 during normal business hours.
Returns and Exchanges
Most merchandise purchased from Les Cafetiers can be returned for a refund or exchange within certain time frames. Below, you’ll find the list of what can come back as a return and what cannot.
What can be returned?
1. Unopened espresso machine and coffee grinders (10% restocking fee*) or Lightly Used espresso machines and coffee grinders (15% restocking fee**) within fifteen (15) days of order. For a definition of Lightly Used, please see further below.
2. Unopened and Unused Parts and Accessories
*In the case of an exchange, a 5% restocking fee will apply
**In the case of an exchange, a 10% restocking fee will apply
What cannot be returned?
Several items cannot be returned for a refund, either due to quality control concerns, health code restrictions, or other matters.
- Opened, used, or damaged part, accessories and coffee beans
- Items which have had their UPC/Barcode removed.
How do I return an item?
To return an item, an return merchandise authorization (RMA) number is mandatory. To obtain an RMA number, please contact our Customer Service department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 1-888-245-5404.
What exactly is a Lightly Used product?
When we ask for a product to be returned in New or Lightly Used condition, we understand that it has been removed from its box and used as designed for a short period of time. So long as it wasn’t used to host a party and is returned to us clean and complete, we’re happy! Please consider the following points when returning a machine to avoid any unwanted expense or delay.
- Clean and Dry. A quick wipe-and-buff with a damp cloth can work wonders!
- All Parts and Accessories included. By this, we mean that everything which you pulled out of the box when it was first opened needs to go back in. This may include any trays, handles, scoops, baskets, cords, tampers, paperwork, manuals, etc. Also, we’ll understand if any little bits of tape or protective plastic film isn’t where it originally came.
- No damage or stains. If a product comes back in more pieces than when it left or requires that it be run through a wash to let it shine again, it won’t qualify. Send it back to us looking as good as when it left its original box. When re-boxing a machine for return, take care to put everything back where it originally went. If it doesn’t seem to close up neatly, give it a second try–Most freight damage can be prevented by making sure everything is safe and sound.
RMA Numbers, provided to you by a Customer Service Representative, are valid for 15 days from the date they are issued. Any merchandise returned to our warehouse without a valid or legible RMA number may be refused and returned-to-sender.
When returning a product to our facilities, the RMA number provided to you by the customer service department must be clearly written on the outer shipping box. We strongly recommend that you use an insured parcel carrier (such as UPS or Fedex) to ship this package, making sure to document the tracking number. While merchandise can be shipped back to us by way of Canada Post, they do not have a means of successfully processing freight damage claims at this time. To protect yourself in the event of damage in transit, your package should be insured for the purchase price of its contents. Distribution Les Cafetiers does not assume any responsibility for lost or damaged packages. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
If a package is received and found to be damaged, the shipper will be required to initiate a Freight Damage Claim for this product in order to proceed any further. Please contact a Customer Service Representative should you have any questions about this process.
Credits will be issued against the form of payment used for their original purchase. If you received a product that you believe is damaged or defective, please skip to the relevant section of this document. Again, please report any damaged merchandise to a Customer Service Representative within five (5) business days.
Open Box/Refurbished Products
Please be advised: This unit has been refurbished and repackaged by qualified Philips Saeco Technicians. It may be an end-of-line model or an out-of-box display model. It could have minor cosmetic imperfections but is 100% functional. It comes with a 6 month warranty. When purchasing refurbished items it is possible that not all non-essential accessories are included. For example: Water filters, Permanent filters, Liquid decalcifier, Instructional DVD. Please contact us for more information. These items are not to be purchased for resale.
While we strive to ensure that your purchases are protected well enough to survive a trip across the country, accidents can happen. Inspect the contents of a package as quickly as possible. The sooner damages is reported, the sooner we can help! Once we’re aware of the damage, a member of the Customer Service department will work with you to set up its replacement order.
Depending on the value of the damaged products, we may require that a Freight Damage Claim be initiated to recover and inspect it. Should we need to proceed with a Damage Claim, a member of the customer service team will provide you with more information about the process and instruct you how to proceed. In this case, the replacement order will ship out once the original merchandise has been picked up by a carrier.
Missing Products or Parts
If you can’t find a part of your order and think it’s missing, first check the packing slip included with the box to verify that it should have been in the box. Many times, we may split an order into multiple shipments to better protect your purchase. If an item is missing and you have received all of the packages on your order, please contact the customer service department, either by asking a question on your Customer Service Wall or by calling in. Replacements will be issued if necessary.
If you find your product to be missing an instruction manual or guide, please contact the authorized Technical Support department for your particular machine to request a copy. Most companies can send electronic copies by E-Mail.
If you believe that your machine is not working properly, please contact the appropriate Customer Support department for your product. Click on the link below for a comprehensive list of manufacturers, their contact information, and any relevant warranty information.
You can ask the Customer Service department a question by making a post to your Dashboard, or by giving them a call at 1-888-245-5404 during normal business hours.
Timetables and Deadlines
- New and Refurbished espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders can be declared defective and set up for replacement within fifteen (15) days of the shipping date.
- Damaged merchandise needs to be reported to the Customer Service department within five (5) days of receipt and may require special handling to recover.
Returning and Replacing Defective Merchandise
- Defective items will be replaced with the same make and model (if a machine), or variety (if a consumable). If the specific product is no longer available, a feature-equivalent replacement can be substituted at our discretion.
- All replacements will ship by FedEx Ground service unless otherwise arranged for by a representative acting on behalf of Distribution Les Cafetiers.
- When shipping replacement merchandise, Distribution Les Cafetiers will cover the cost of Standard/Ground to destinations in Canada. Please contact the customer service department should you want to choose an alternate shipping method.
- By default, replacements are not cross-shipped. If a product is determined to be defective, its replacement is placed on hold (to be released on the safe, complete, and undamaged delivery of the original/defective product).
- Should you opt to have the replacement shipped in advance of the damaged or defective merchandise being recovered or returned, we require that the customer pre-purchase the product being shipped out. The original merchandise will be credited in full shortly after being delivered to our warehouse in good, undamaged condition and received into inventory.
Troubleshooting and Defective Merchandise Determination
- A technical support representative may offer operational guidance or request that troubleshooting steps be taken over the phone in order to determine if a qualifying item can be deemed defective.
- Technical Support may provide a part or component to remedy the defect at their discretion.
- A technician may contact you with additional questions regarding the defect if any more information is required prior authorizing the return. If the product is not defective or cannot be verified as defective, then it can still be returned under our standard Merchandise Return Policy.
- Defective machines are returned via E-Labels or Call Tags.
- All defective merchandise is tested to verify the problem being reported. If we are unable to reproduce the original fault, you may be billed for all shipping & handling charges incurred by the recovery process.
- Please be aware that Distribution Les Cafetiers does not assume responsibility for any shipping damage. Proper packing is the sole responsibility of the person returning the product, so be sure to package the items exactly the way they came.
- Merchandise must be received in like-new condition with the original manufacturer’s box. All packing materials, manuals, and accessories must also be returned with the merchandise. Refurbishing fees will be applied for any damaged or missing parts, damaged or missing documentation, significant cosmetic blemishes, or damage due to mishandling.
Please Note: Many of our machines have been tested by their respective manufacturer; there may be residual coffee grounds or water in some machines. As such, small amounts of liquid water, water spotting, coffee residue, or residual grounds do not indicate that a product has been used or is defective.
Have any questions?
While we hope this page answered all of your questions, it’s possible that something slipped our mind. Don’t hesitate to let us know if we’ve left something out or if you have a question that isn’t addressed here. You can ask the Customer Service department a question by giving us a call during normal business hours at 1-888-245-5404.
Privacy and Security Policies
Information Collection & Use
Distribution Les Cafetiers collects personally identifiable information when you register for an account and when you use certain products or services. When you register with Distribution Les Cafetiers, we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. Distribution Les Cafetiers uses this information for two general purposes: To fulfill your requests for certain products and services and to customize the advertising and content you see through the following methods:
Please note: When you sign up for an account or place an order with Distribution Les Cafetiers, your email address is automatically entered into our newsletter database. The newsletter is generally sent out once a month, it offers coupon codes, sale items, feature products, and informative articles. Simply click on the unsubscribe button, found at the bottom of the newsletter, if you do not wish receive future newsletters. Email addresses are not sold or shared with other companies. They are used solely by Distribution Les Cafetiers.
- Email-Exclusive Offers
Due to ever changing spam and privacy filters, please be aware that email communications, sent from Distribution Les Cafetiers, may end up in your junk mail or spam mail folders. So, when you are expecting e-mail from us, don’t forget to check these folders. To ensure you receive our exclusive offers, add our email address to your address book. Email addresses are not sold or shared with other companies. They are used solely by Distribution Les Cafetiers.
Information Sharing & Disclosure
Distribution Les Cafetiers will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information. Distribution Les Cafetiers will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people only when: (1) We have your consent to share the information. (2) We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. (3) We need to send the information to companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us. (4) We’re required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
Changes to Policy Page
Distribution Les Cafetiers may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Ensuring the security and protection of your personal information is important to us. When you choose to purchase from Distribution Les Cafetiers, you will be taken to a secure web page to enter credit card information to complete the purchase. The payment security is taken in charge by Paypal Inc. at the moment.
Price Match Guarantee
Certainly the best service is important, but we understand that price is part of the package. If you happen to find the product you want at a better price, call our sales department at 888-245-5404. We will be happy to price match any authorized Canadian retailer.
Price matches must be for identical items. Items must be in stock. No “gift with purchase” items will be included. Shipping costs may apply. Price to be matched must be a price posted on a Canadian website of a manufacturer-authorized dealer. Price match must be completed at the time of purchase! Distribution Les Cafetiers reserves the right to decline a price match at their discretion.
- Please note that it may take 24-48 hours (not including weekends or holidays) before your package is shipped.
- Distribution Les Cafetiers offers free ground shipping to destinations in Canada on all retail orders over $200 (except for Nuvanut, NWT and Yukon, where a 10% remote area delivery charge applies).
- All other accessories will incur a $9.99 or $14.99 shipping and handling fee.
- A signature is required for espresso machines and coffee grinders at time of delivery.
- We can only ship items weighing under 1lb to a PO Box. Items weighing more than this must be shipped to a valid street address.
Customer agrees that it will not hold Distribution Les Cafetiers accountable for delays in delivery occasioned by acts of God or other circumstances over which we have no direct control. Factory shipment or delivery dates are the best estimates of our suppliers, and in no case shall Distribution Les Cafetiers be liable for any consequential or special damages arising from any delay in delivery.
Conditions of Use
Cancellations and Alterations to Existing Orders
Once an Order Acknowledgment is approved, we cannot guarantee our ability to make changes or cancellations to an order. Distribution Les Cafetiers will make every effort to comply with your cancellation request. If you have already signed your Order Acknowledgment, you are liable to pay the agreed upon price for any work that may have been completed up to the time that we are able to cancel your order. These charges may include but are not limited to service requests, shipping charges and restocking fees. All completed work and costs incurred will be the responsibility of the customer.
Please note that we encourage you to take the opportunity to review a sample of the actual product before you order in bulk quantity. It is important that you understand that these samples are representative in nature. While we are very careful about the suppliers and manufacturers we use, manufacturing variations are unavoidable and a natural result of the manufacturing process. By choosing to place and order with Distribution Les Cafetiers, you are agreeing to accept merchandise with reasonable manufacturing variances in product material, color and packaging. The most common example of this is change of coffee packaging.
We make best efforts to provide clear and color-correct product images on our site that best reflect the nature of the products. However, web site images are inherently limited in their ability to communicate color, scale, and detail. We want to remind customers to be careful about making assumptions about products from the site image alone. We cannot be held responsible for the difference between the images as it appearing on your monitor and the final product. Please call our sales department at 888-245-5404 if you have any questions.
Transfer of Ownership of Merchandise
All goods become your property at the time they are accepted by the carrier.
If you have questions regarding your order contact customer service at 888-245-5404, we are happy to address your concerns. Filing a chargeback in order to circumvent published policies, dispute policies, avoid published fees or fraudulently obtain services and/or products free of charge will result in being reported to all major credit bureaus as a delinquent collection account.
IP logging is applied on all Internet orders. Fraud, including chargeback fraud will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Your submittal of an online order and/or your signature on our Order Acknowledgment is a conditional acceptance by Distribution Les Cafetiers of your offer to purchase our goods and your acceptance of our terms and conditions. It may contain terms that differ from or add to those contained in your purchase order, should you have one, and to the extent that this is the case, Distribution Les Cafetiers hereby expressly conditions its acceptance of your offer on Distribution Les Cafetiers’s assent to the additional or different terms. Your receipt and retention of the goods covered by this invoice shall constitute acceptance of any such additional or different terms. You and Distribution Les Cafetiers agree that any contract hereby entered into has been made and is to be construed to Canada Law.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website owner shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither the website owner nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any share price information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.